Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The "I'm sorry your plants are dead" dinner party

In June I paid a guy to water my plants while I was gone for the summer.  Some friends brought their plants over to my place.  Long story short, all of the plants died. 

I feel bad for the friends who trusted me.  They have graciously forgiven me but I still feel bad.  I invited them over for dinner tomorrow night AND went to the plant souk to buy a lot of plants.  I haven't told them about the plants so it will be their surprise door prize.  
I have no memory of what plants cost in the US, but I was happy to get these 14 plants for about $60.  If I had an ounce of bargaining skills I'm sure it would have been cheaper.

For dinner I'm trying a couple of curry recipes.  The first two attempts were a success but I fear I'm tempting fate by doing it again.

1 comment: