Thursday, October 28, 2010

42 going on 8

Being broke is easy.  You know you can't really buy anything or do anything so you don't spend much time thinking about it.  It's depressing, too, but hey, nobody said being broke was perfect.

For the first time in over a decade I have extra cash and it's burned a huge whole in my pocket.  Correction:  I don't even have the money yet and I have visions of dirhams dancing in my head.

In the past 24 hours:  I stopped myself just short of entering my credit card info to buy a ticket home in two weeks for the Eid break.  I held the Nintendo Wii in my hands and looked over all the games I'd like to play.  I walked by a 60 inch TV and calculated, "I can buy that by doing just four training sessions..."

Yeesh.  Having money will make me go broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment