Monday, October 25, 2010

Good day!

I spent the weekend immersed in training materials to pick out what to cover.  On Wednesday I will be leading my first "module" 100% prepared by me.  Preparing for a 4 hour class is not much work.  Preparing a workbook to go along with a 4 hour class is quite a bit of work.

This morning I met with the people who gave me the contract and, 1. My first session from last week received good reviews, and 2. They liked what I had prepared.

I've been signed on for at least the next two "modules" and probably more.  While that means more work it also means more pay.  An extra $1500 - $2000 for the next couple of months will be very nice.  Realistically, this will run through April.  S-w-e-e-t!

Also, I find this stuff interesting.  It is great to have actual working professionals as students.  It's why I liked teaching at Hamilton.  Teaching "management" classes to someone who has never had a job is very different than having students with work experience.

In other words, all is well here.

2 comments:

  1. Have you conquered your sleeping problem yet? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think after being up until 6AM (and then only sleeping until 9AM)I'd have had a good night last night. Also, I had no caffeine yesterday.

    So today I had only one Coke Zero. I'm hoping tonight goes better. Maybe very little caffeine for three days will finally do the trick.

    ReplyDelete