Monday, September 27, 2010

Piecing together a night on Ambien

After taking Ambien for a month straight before I left the US I spent the first two weeks here without it.  Last night I knew I had to be up early and was in no mood to sleep.  I succumbed to taking half a tablet.

The result?
 This morning I woke up to find a plate of cookies.

And as I left I found my broom in the stairwell.

Ambien either makes a person tired and wanting to go bed or energetic.  When I take an Ambien and realize, "Oh crap, I'm not going to sleep" I try to think of whatever mundane tasks I've wanted to do that I haven't done.  Last night those tasks were:  1.  Writing the blog post about weather.  (Have no memory of writing it) and, 2.  Cleaning out the stairwell.

While cleaning out the stairwell a very appreciative neighbor gave me cookies left over from Eid (The celebration after Ramadan.)

At least that's what I think happened but I can't be sure.  If my experience on Ambien this summer with my roommates is any lesson it's quite possible I walked into my neighbor's apartment and took the plate of cookies.

No, not really.  I vaguely remember seeing her and today she referenced talking to me last night.  The picture of the plate of cookies was taken at 11:14 last night.  When I'm on Ambien I say to myself, "You will not remember this tomorrow.  Leave clues."

I can't believe this drug is legal.

1 comment:

  1. Legal, has those effects, and yet you keep taking it. Obviously you'll continue until you come to some morning in a jail cell. Hope the legal system is better in the UAE than in Iran.

    ReplyDelete