Sunday, September 5, 2010

UPS crash in Dubai

A 747 being flown by UPS crashed in Dubai two days and there's been virtually no press coverage in the US. I'm not sure why.

The plane had enough fuel to get it Germany. Hence, it is not surprising that the crash and explosion left only tiny scraps. Here's a picture from The National:
There's no visible sign left that it was even an airplane.

The fact the plane was only three years old and the pilots detected smoke in the cockpit 30 minutes before the crash should have made this newsworthy.

I've flown on this model (747-400) a couple of times - including my trip back to the US in June. Until they discover the cause I'm happy to know that I won't be on this model on my trip back next week.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen stories about it in at least 2 places, including right here on AOL.

    ReplyDelete