Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Popcorn

One of my favorite childhood stories is that of the Little Red Hen. Maybe that's why I actually enjoyed spending a couple of days picking popcorn; I will be the one who ends up eating half it so I'm glad I was able to contribute.

It helped to have a loyal dog as a companion.
Towards the end of the project I realized an unexpected benefit: For the next year I can call my sister and say, "So how do you like eating the popcorn I picked?"

When I told her that she said she'd have to volunteer to shell the popcorn (a harder job). So Dad is the big winner of sibling rivalry. Otherwise he'd have done it all by himself.
Once the popcorn is picked it is placed in onion sacks and left to dry with fans and dehumidifers. After it is dry and it can be shelled. I hope you enjoy doing that, Miriam.
Dad has been developing a couple of different varieties of popcorn. The latest is all white ears.

The best news is that I'll be able to take back 30-40 pounds. Good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment