Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Best birthday present: sleep

I had a terrible time sleeping during the last month in Iowa. I took at least part of an Ambien every night. I took one on each leg of the trip back. (They didn't work.) On my first full night back I was ridiculously tired but couldn't sleep. My mind called, "Am-bi-en... Am-bi-en..." I held out but wondered how long it would take to break the addiction.

The pleasant news is that the answer was one day. I went to bed before 9 last night and slept past 6 with only a few interruptions - including a friend calling after midnight to wish me a happy birthday.

Nine hours of sleep??? I haven't had that in months... maybe even a year!

Forty-two is sure starting out well!

1 comment:

  1. Sleep has been an elusive thing for you for a LONG time. This is a great birthday present! Hope you are having a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete