Sunday, September 19, 2010

First working day after 97 days of vacation

Today was my first day of work in 3 months. I am very, very happy to be back. Standing in front of a classroom is my calling. However, there was a sign that this may not be an easy semester: I said to the class, "Right now we are not 100% sure which textbook we are using and we have not written a common syllabus for the class. For that reason, there's no point in having you come here on Tuesday. You get the day off." I could have had listened for crickets chirping.

"People!" I exclaimed, "I am telling you that you have Tuesday off from class and I get zero response?" At this point a few clued in and explained it to the rest in Arabic.

It's gonna be a long semester.

*****
I realize my blogging still seems to be on summer hiatus. I have many posts to add with pictures. The problem? I can't find any of my memory card readers. I'll have to buy a new one and proceed to lose it with the half dozen other ones I've purchased in the past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment