Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oddly anxious

Republicans elect their new national chair on Friday.  I'm looking forward to the outcome.  Mr. "I didn't notice there were no negroes at my country club" pulled out today.  Unfortunately, there are a few candidates left that are just as bad.  

I hope they follow Iowa's example:  After some far right Bible beaters were elected to prominent party positions last summer there was serious question as to who would be the next state party chair.  

The party chose a fellow Benton Community grad.  I assumed that was good because Benton is not exactly a hotbed for far rightwing politicians.  

My Republican insider friend assures me that it is very good; the fundamentalists not only lost the race for chair but for every major position.  

Yippee!  Both parties have their batshit crazies.  It's best that they don't get into power.

Update:  I was wrong about which guy dropped out.  Sorry.  I am following the election closely and will make a post when it has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment