Thursday, January 8, 2009

The never ending semester

I am still not done. I have grades done, it's paperwork that I don't understand that I don't have done. I've asked three people and had three different answers. I'm going in early tomorrow morning and camping out until someone holds my hand and leads me through the process.

I told my students I wouldn't be in the office today but I went in anyway. There must have been a siren cry because out of the blue 20 students appeared... wanting to know their grade and pretty much every one of them pleading for a better grade. I said, "I already gave each of you a larger bump than I have ever given any class in ten years of teaching." That sailed over their heads. I reached the point of saying, "Were done here. If you keep arguing I will remove the free points I've already given you..."

Ann laughed when I had told her earlier in the week that I was holding office hours after I was done grading. Silly, silly new teacher. I sent her a text today, "The piranhas have picked the carcass clean..."

3 comments:

  1. Mr.

    Me want know me mark.u say us email u give us mark 4pm i not have had mark now i want me mark now.

    bi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one.

    But have you had an offer for ANYTHING you want from a pharmacy? I guess my students are a little more desperate than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous sounds a bit like Tonto, Kemosabe!

    ReplyDelete