Friday, January 2, 2009

Piles

220 students in six sections.

Homework and quizzes to grade.

63 group projects to grade.

All to be entered into a grade book which is a little more difficult when 90% of your students have one of the same five names.

Final on Monday to be administered and graded.

I'm not complaining; the benefits of my chosen profession far outweigh the negatives. And the one upside: Six days from now - come hell or high water - I'm done. I'll have a whole week to enjoy Al Ain before heading home.

OK, the real reason for this story is to give an excuse for light posting over the next couple of days...

7 comments:

  1. Some people will say anything to get out of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are done for good or just for this term?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've signed up for a 3 year tour. I almost wrote "3 hour tour" but realized I wasn't Gilligan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THREE YEAR??? THREE YEAR? Wait, I don't remember that part.....

    I'm going to go cry now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THREE YEARS? I had no idea!

    Sorry I've been out of commission for a few weeks. I'm catching up now - but need to get to bed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just glad to have you back! I was worried.

    ReplyDelete