Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Worth the wait

When I booked this ticket last July I didn't know that I could have left here a couple of days earlier. Getting a chance to see locals driving on wet streets was worth the wait. They treated it like ice... cut their speed by more than half. Some slow drivers put on their blinkers. I have never passed as many cars as I did today!

Well, we leave Al Ain at 4AM (all times here are Iowa time). We're doing some stuff in Dubai. I don't get on the plane until a little after 2PM. I arrive in DC around 5AM, go through customs and, hopefully make it to Moline via Chicago by 11AM.

I am way, way too worked up right now. The title of this post should be: Chicken with the head cutoff.

See 'ya Thursday. Literally, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a safe trip!

    The weather seems to have gotten colder just because you kept bragging about how hot it was where you were! Hope you brought a coat home! We are facing a high of -6 tomorrow in Minnesota. That's right a HIGH of negative 6. Wind chills expected to be in the negative 50s. Many schools have already either closed or have a 2-hour delay. Ours has not done that yet.

    Hope to see you while you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 11:41pm on Wednesday night. It is -16!!!

    ReplyDelete