Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Panic time

I finished grading this afternoon and had entered all the scores on the spreadsheet. I took a break and was talking with other inmates in the Khabisi Palace, aka home.

When I returned I saw Windows was in the process of performing an update. Something with the update didn't work. After 3 hours of rebooting and rebooting and rebooting it finally worked. Now I'm trying to complete the work that is due tomorrow morning. During the three hour ordeal I was in a panic: I hadn't backed up the spreadsheet in weeks. If it was lost I was totally screwed.

Leave it to Microsoft to pick the night I'm finalizing grades to do this.

*****
The National Weather Service says there will be colder than normal temps in the 8-14 day forecast. Since I expect to arrive home in 8 days I should have expected that.

3 comments:

  1. Imagine that Steve. You put all of your grades in one place, and once again, it almost got deleted forever. You would think you would have learned from the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems only right, inasmuch as you have had the luxury of warm weather these past few months and grown complacent, that you have to suffer just a bit with the rest of us. Just think how you will appreciate the warmth when you return to UAE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which last time? At this point I have no idea how I could have worse luck with grade sheets. At least this one didn't end up at the bottom of the Cedar River.

    ReplyDelete