Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cold carb turkey?

In the past I have had amazing success on the South Beach (low carb) diet. It's easy because once the carbs are out of your system you lose your appetite and lose weight. (After a week of hell to reach that point...)

Now I'm experiencing the opposite effect. For the last seven days I have been living off of Coke and Snickers. In 48 hours I polished off a case of Coke. That was common in college but my body's response is another reminder that I'm not a college kid anymore.

The result of constant carbo loading? Constant hunger. The second my sugar level begins to drop I reach for another Snickers.

I'm not going to go cold turkey, but I symbolically dumped my last Coke. I need to give away my frozen Snickers...

3 comments:

  1. You are diabetic as I recall. Are you trying to kill yourself or just setting yourself up for a long, slow death? Damned fool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's no thyroid output, high blood pressure and super high cholesterol. Not a good set of problems but they can all be cured with pills (when I remember to take them).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you are quitting. I will happily buy chantrex or the gum while I'm back! I'd prefer that you not bite my head off so I'll consider it an investment.

    ReplyDelete