Thursday, January 15, 2009

The longest day of my life.

Thursday for me started at 2 pm Iowa time Wednesday. I boarded the United flight in Dubai. It was raining and lightning. The flight was delayed takeoff for about an hour. I missed my connection to Chicago.

Delayed flight because of weather... in DUBAI! If you lived in the country with no weather you'd know how funny that is!

The delay itsn't too bad. I should arrive in Moline about 90 minutes later than planned.

I am waiting in DC for a flight to Chicago... I bought a Coke. It was wonderful! Coke in the Emirates is close, but not the same. I'm in heaven.

I have no idea how much I'm going to be charged for this internet kiosk so I had better cut this off.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D95NQM883&show_article=1



    Thing could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you weren't on the flight from NY to NC - although thankfully they all survived!

    I'm also glad to hear you are back on U.S. soil - hope to get to see you while you are here!

    ReplyDelete