Thursday, January 1, 2009

NYE 2008

I joined a group of Ann's friends for a New Year's Eve dinner at Chili's. Chili's is in the mall right across from McDonalds. (Feel like you're in America?)

Some easy tasks in America are not so easy here. Following the dinner I left this group to join another NYE/birthday party. Earlier in the day I decided to get a gift certificate as a present. The first restaurant I went to had no idea what a gift certificate was. I drove to the other end of the city and, while they understood what gift certificates were, they didn't have any.

I thought, "Oh, just get one at Chili's..." Easier said then done. Our waiter was going to apply the gift certificate to our NYE meal. (So I just bought a gift certificate to use for myself???)

This came at the end of a 3 hour meal. The place wasn't busy; service was that bad.

That's the point: This place can be very similar to America in that there's a Chili's and McD's to eat at. Yet, it's not quite the same.

*****
I see the Hawks just kicked ass in the Outback Bowl. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment