Monday, January 26, 2009

Blog of the month

The only resolution I've been able to keep is a promise to stop making resolutions.  This year I had not so much a resolution but a goal to create a "Blog of the week" each week.  It's now the end of the month and I am getting around to the first one.

Andrew Sullivan is the first regular blogger I started reading back in 2003.  He's an interesting guy:  He's conservative (supported Bush in 2000 and the Iraq invasion) but came to realize the Bush administration was neither conservative nor competent.

He broke ranks with fellow conservatives to support Kerry in 2004.  He liked McCain early on but was turned off by the stunt after stunt performed by his campaign.  

In the Emirates his blog is not accessible from home but is from the University.  I have no idea why.

I am jealous of Andrew because he has a small team and gets to blog for a living.

Here's the blogsite:

He recently linked to a great photo of the inauguration:  (it may take some time to come up because they are getting heavy traffic to the site)

You can zoom right down to see Clarence Thomas sleeping during Obama's speech. 

1 comment: