Sunday, January 11, 2009

Iraq

My favorite country to visit in Global Village was Iraq. Iraq for me - not unlike our government - opened up my wallet. I spent casually and carefree not knowing anything I was buying.

No, not really, but I did buy a lot. Among the things I bought was a "I love Iraq" scarf. I thought, "We bombed your country the least I can do is support your country by buying a scarf..." and a couple of key chains and several hundred dollars worth of art work.

The guy selling me the scarf asked me where I was from. When I explained America he said, "This won't give you any problems?" As an Iraqi he assumes all Americans hate Iraq. I assured him that Americans don't hate Iraq. I wanted to say, "Most Americans never gave a shit about your country until we invaded, lost 4000 Americans and a $Trillion." I didn't. I assured him that the American people wish them the best. And I proceeded to overpay for my scarf and key chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment