Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

I shouldn't have logged into FB today. There's nothing but saccharine posts from those who can't imagine their lives without their sweethearts. Ahh, touching. It's taking everything I have to not comment, "Yes, you'd be a crack whore if prince charming hadn't come into your life."

What's left for single people to do? Pretend that that their real love is their pet. "Here's my picture with my sweetheart, Pookie." Now, I love Gus - I really do - but he's not my sweetheart. We've never taken our relationship to that level and while it may be a dissapointment to my dog (with his testicles intact) it's just not going to happen.

My favorite of the single friends was this:
Spending today with GOD, my one TRUE LOVE.
I have resisted commenting to him, "...and with your second true love - you're right hand."

For all of you enjoying VD I wish you the best and I'm sure the over-priced flowers and dinner will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment