Thursday, February 25, 2010

Insomnia cure: Health Care Summit

Last night was one of my worse nights: Went to bed at 1:30. Played white noise on the IPhone but could not get to sleep. At 3:30 I decided to play an episode of the radio show, "This American Life." The show is a series of stories told in one hour. It worked; I remember the second story and must have fallen asleep. Sadly the last story included opera. It woke me up. It's now 4:30. I played a second story. It was really interesting and I was awake the entire hour. It's 5:30. I shut the radio off and hear birds chirping and roosters crowing. I lay their hating life. The last time I checked the clock it was 6:45. I fell asleep. Just before 8AM cats fighting outside my window woke me up.

I had to be up by 9 so I just said, "Screw it" and got up.

So... with one real hour of sleep I have to say following the Health Care Summit tonight is close... really, really close to putting me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment