Sunday, February 7, 2010

First day of class

I only have one class on Sunday/Tuesday so this was pretty much the easiest first day of class possible.

You know all the work I planned to do over vacation that I felt guilty about not doing? It was good that I didn't do it: At that last minute we changed textbooks so that work would have been useless. The PowerPoint slides I re-wrote have gone over well. Add to that the exhaustive review of Game Change and I pretty much accomplished what I wanted during the break. I know few will read the pages of text I created for Game Change. I did it as much for myself as anyone else. When I read a book like that I need to process it. Putting it all on the blog did that for me. I wish I had done that for the book on the financial crisis. Rather than just say, "All Hail Bernanke" I'd like to have specific points to back that up. If I had done a similar post with that book I'd feel better now.

*****
I am very disappointed that the Russian is leading in the exit polls for the Ukrainian election. Anytime a country makes a turn to the dark side it is unfortunate. If for nothing else, the Ukrainian identity will be further subjugated. Imagine the US where virtually all magazines and newspapers are in Spanish. Further, almost half speak exclusively Spanish in the home in all of the southern states. Now the country is electing a leader a Mexican who not only speaks mostly in Spanish, he relies on Mexico and he'll likely rule like a dictator. If you've imagined all that you know what the western Ukrainians will feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment