Thursday, January 21, 2010

There be POPCORN!

This well beaten box is a life line for me. It's Dad's popcorn When I left the US in August the popcorn was not ready to be harvested. So instead I brought over 20 pounds of popcorn from some guy in Indiana. His popcorn is OK, but it's not DAD's popcorn.

The woman at customs was quite rude. She couldn't seem to believe someone would spend so much money to ship popcorn. I explained, "This is not like any popcorn you've ever had..." Rather than being convincing it seemed to tell her there must be drugs in it. She sniffed the popcorn and even licked it! Her coworker was making fun - "It's just popcorn!"

Not entirely convinced I hadn't tried to ship in contraband, she was willing to allow me take it.

YIPPEE!!! I inhaled the first batch and ate the second batch slowly. For those of you who do know the joys of Dad's Popcorn... well, I pity you. Come and visit me and I'll be willing to share... but just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment