Sunday, January 24, 2010

Insomnia's benefits

On this trip my insomnia has reached new heights: On the night before the trip I was up until 4AM. On the first night of the trip I went to bed by 10PM and read/tossed & turned/played sudoku until 5:30 AM.

The next night I was still awake at 3AM. As I'm sure my fellow insomniacs can understand: I want to have something positive come from a night like this. My revelation: Converting dirhams is easy: Divide by four and add 8%.

The next day I proudly exclaimed my revelation to Ann who replied with:
1. You're such a geek
2. It doesn't help me because divide by 4 and add 8% is something only geeks would understand.

She's right but I spent the better part of two hours in the middle of the night doing test runs and found that it worked with less than 1% error (usually less than .5% error)... so see? being a geek has its advantages.
*****
I first wrote this post in the hotel. It's a goal of mine to post each and every day of 2010. I have no idea why this didn't post when it should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment