Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another never ending semester

I had hoped to have everything done by tonight and enjoying a bottle of wine by now.  This afternoon I discovered that one of my answer keys was wrong for several questions.  Good students were failing the final, but since I wasn't looking at the names as I was grading I didn't notice until after I finished grading them all.  Now I get to go back and make many, many corrections.  This is a final I wrote myself so I only need to look in the mirror to see who to blame.
Ugh.


*****
On the positive side I've confirmed having lunch with my American/Emirati friend on Saturday.  I am very much looking forward to seeing him.


*****
Also unrelated... not to concern anyone, but is an inability to focus a sign of aging or something I should be worried about?  I first noticed it in Ukraine where I was useless in reading maps in anything short of full daylight... and it became very apparent when grading finals when I pretty much needed a reading lamp.


This fall I had my eyes checked and I have the same prescription I've had for a decade.  Before I get too worried I'll buy some reading glasses.  Maybe that's all it will take.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely try the reading glasses. A friend/neighbor of ours was secretly worried about his eyes but wouldn't do anything. He and his wife came over to help me with a project that required reading small print. I got him my pair of reading glasses and he got very upset. But when he tried them on and he could read - he realized he needed them. Now he wears them for reading and can read things he hasn't been able to for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that certain "activities" make you go blind.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sense of humor, Travis. His dad suggested he just do "activities" til he needs glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. certain "activities" aside... didn't you know that long arm disease hits after the age of 40?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can echo Miriam here... I think I was 40 for all of 5 minutes when my eyes took a dive and all of a sudden I needed reading glasses. Now I can't live without them!

    ReplyDelete