Monday, February 7, 2011

Surreal moment of the day

Driving by myself in Dubai at midnight I was station surfing.  I came across:
Here I go again on my own.
Going down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.
Maybe you had to be there but the Whitesnake song seemed more appropriate for me than usual.

I was in Dubai to pick Ann & Mike.  They spent two weeks in Italy.  Which brings me to the travel tip of the week: If you want to go to Italy go in January.  They were able to see the Sistine Chapel, Vatican, etc. with no lines.  Usually it's a two+ hour wait for most tourist sites.  The weather isn't awful - highs in the low 60's and lows about 40.

Also, according A&M the pizza stereotype is real:  Amazing pizza on every street corner.  Ann said, "Two weeks and not a single bad meal."

No comments:

Post a Comment