Friday, February 25, 2011

Sri Lanka: Peradeniya Botanic Gardens (III)

Here are some miscellaneous pictures from botanic gardens:

 I have no idea what animal this is.  It was slightly smaller than a cow but much larger than a goat.  Any ideas?

 This picture doesn't do these trees justice.  The trees are all leaning at a 20 degree angle.    I'm not sure why.

I'm not sure of the story on this unique tree, either.

Or this tree with roots that looked like three foot high partitions.

The black balls you see in these trees are fruit bats.  They are quite a bit larger than bats in the US.  I like bats so their high pitched squeal was more interesting than scary.

I had many questions while walking around this place:  For example, why were there so many of these cluster of trees?

 Ever wanted to see a coffee plant?  I worship caffeine as one of the gods so I had to include this picture.

1 comment:

  1. the animal you were asking about appears to be an addax. it is the largest antelope weighing up to 300 pounds.

    ReplyDelete