Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Make your man surrender"

Kraft - the makers of the cheese that can last a thousand years - ran an ad on my blog.

Kraft seems to have been watching Mad Men - the show about advertising in the sixties.  The show presents how sexist/misogynistic the world of marketing was back then.  The lesson Kraft seemed to learn?  We can run ads like that in the Middle East!

You can see the link from that ad by clicking here.

The ad line, "Make your man surrender" was interesting enough.  The thought of highly processed cheese going into my system may well generate a white flag, but I don't think that's their point.

Now watch the short videos they produced to go along with it.  They are in Arabic with English subtitles.

I have spent some time looking on the Kraft US website.  I can't find "Make your man surrender."  Let me know if you've heard of this ad campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment