Friday, February 25, 2011

Sri Lanka: Peradeniya Botanic Gardens (II)

This botanic gardens are located near Kandy, in the hills in the center of the island of Sri Lanka. 
 The park was huge.  I could have easily spent the day there.


I thought the views were magnificent with this one being a favorite:
I didn't take the time to cross this footbridge; a reason to return someday.

Living in the UAE you rarely see couples in public. You are more likely to see two male friends holding pinkies than you are to see a couple holding hands. And while I'm not a fan of public displays of affection it was actually nice to see dozens of couples as I walked long the park.
It is no exaggeration to write that I saw more couples in an hour in the park than I have in 2.5 years in the Emirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment