Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Creepy, Facebook, creepy

My nephew has a Master's in Supply Chain Management.  This semester I'm teaching 3 sections of an introductory course of Supply Chain and I wanted some advice.  I sent him a private message on FB.  (Note:  I did not post on his wall or mention the words Supply Chain anywhere BUT the private message.)

Now all the ads that run along the side of news feed are:  "Interested in majoring in Supply Chain Management?  click here."  "Find a job in Supply Chain Management by clicking here."

It makes me wonder if I send a private message saying, "Bestiality.  Love those animals.  Bestiality."  What kind of ads will I get?

4 comments:

  1. You can test that theory by sending a message to me. I will volunteer to be your guinea pig.

    That is creepy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Jim getting the same ads? Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. He says he 1 out of 4 ads was for supply chain management.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you went from "Supply Chain Management" to "Bestiality?" That is quite a leap. But you know what they say about the shortest distance between two points....

    Karey

    ReplyDelete