Saturday, February 12, 2011

Scratched cornea

The second time I rode the world's fastest roller coaster I didn't wear goggles.  Big mistake.  Apparently a grain of sand flew in my eye.  It hurt a bit on Thursday but it wasn't until I woke up on Friday that I realized it was a real problem.  My left eye felt like it was on fire.  I decided to take an ambien and go back to bed.  I hoped sleeping for many hours would help.  It didn't.  

Being the equivalent of Sunday I had no choice but to wait in the emergency room.  The doctor took a brief look at my eye and said there was nothing lodged in it (thankfully.)  He then asked what I wanted to do.

"Well," I replied, "years ago I know Tobradex worked great when I would get eye infections."

He said, "OK" and wrote the prescription.  I was in and out of his office in less than five minutes.
I appreciate doctors who give me the drugs I ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment