Friday, November 12, 2010

Write the caption

Today I ran into a student in the mall.  I asked, "So what did you do today?"  

The reply, "My friend and I killed two sheep for our families."

I grew up on a farm in Iowa.  I can't recall ever hearing someone say, "My friend and I killed two sheep for our families."  

Our break next week is a religious holiday where killing a sheep and sharing the meat with the poor is part of the ritual.  Remember the sheep riding in the trunk of a Lexus?

A Facebook friend posted this cartoon.  I have no idea what is written in Arabic but I get the idea the sheep are performing to keep from being slaughtered.  If I had any creative braincells tonight (which I don't) I would write my own caption.  I'll hope some of my readers can come up with one.

1 comment:

  1. What about "Mario and Luigi find retirement can be just as strange as plumbing."?
    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete