Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The good

Yes, we had our hats handed to us.  In fact, today I think it's ironic that yesterday I wrote a post titled, "Screwed the pooch"...

But really?  I was bracing for worse.  Given the state of the economy it could have been worse.  FDR was lucky that Hoover was president for three years of the Great Depression before he became president.  Obama became president while we were still in the nosedive.  (I regret not blogging about the economy more but I know how much it puts readers to sleep.)

"Good" is that Barney Frank survived his challenge.  He's the best spokesperson for sanity and I might have cried like future speaker Boehner if Barney had lost.



"Good" is that Iowa Democrats were able to hold on to our three Democratic House members.  If Republicans could have a do-over I'm pretty sure they'd have come up with better candidates against Braley and Boswell.

I also belong to the camp that believes the best thing that happened to Obama's re-election chances is the election of a Republican House.   For a reference see Clinton, Bill, circa 1994.  This group is going to make Newt Gingrich look like a moderate.  At the moment, this feels like icing on a turd pie...

Which brings me to...

No comments:

Post a Comment