Thursday, November 11, 2010

Meridien

On the visit two years ago Ann brought me to a hotel that has a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean.  I stopped today to rejuvenate with a cup of coffee to take this picture:
The observation lounge was empty.  A polite waitress asked if I wanted anything and after I said, "Coffee" she asked which room I was staying in.  I said, "Oh, I'm just passing through. I'm not staying in the hotel."

She brought the coffee and I gulped it down while gazing out the window.  I also hurried because she was standing about ten feet away seeming to wait for me to be done.  When I asked for the check she said, "I'm sorry, sir, this lounge is for hotel guests only.  I can only charge it to a room."

I placed Dh 20 ($5) on the table and said, "Thank you not kicking me out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment