Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dibba, Dhaid, and Fujairah, oh my!

Shortly after I arrived in the UAE in 2008 Ann and I went to Fujairah for a weekend.  Today was the first time I've gone back.  Although it is only about a hundred miles away this eastern Emirate looks and feels very different than Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

First there's the landscape that resembles the Badlands in South Dakota more than the desert I live in.
Second, I live in the rich Emirate.  To my knowledge there are no two lane highways here.  To actually meet oncoming traffic is a rare experience... but notice that even here lights line the highway.  I have become so used to this that it was weird this summer to drive in rural Iowa at night.



I made a giant circle today and drove over 300 miles tracking down students in internships.

I took more time to take better pictures during our first trip in 2008.  You can see those posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment