Friday, November 12, 2010

I will not have pre-trip anxiety... I will not have pre-trip anxiety...

... too late.  I promised I wouldn't blog about my travel anxieties as much... so let's just say I've packed a week's worth of the necessities in both my carry-on and my checked bag.  Tonight I did an ear lavage - a nice way of saying I pumped tons of water in my ears to clear out the ear wax.  It makes the flight easier.  I'm sure many of you are thinking TMI and you're probably right.  I do it every time before I fly but what made tonight noteworthy is that my left ear got plugged.  Nothing I could do could get it unplugged.  I panicked, "Do I need to see a doctor?  We have to leave at 8AM... what do I need to do?"  It wasn't painful, just plugged so I decided to let it go.  Three hours later it popped and I felt the water drain out of my ear.

I hope I eventually travel enough that I have no pre-flight anxieties, but given my personality that is not likely.

1 comment:

  1. You should see if they can up your meds....

    Trav

    ReplyDelete