Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Timing

It seems lately that I write a post that takes on a whole new meaning the next day.  A day after writing about low self esteem...

Well, I have a new definition of awkward.  I apparently have a very close neighbor who is interested in me.  It's been so long since anyone has flirted with me that it took me a bit to realize.  She's very nice and very interesting.  And tonight was very awkward.  

Before commenting keep in mind that I'm in a Muslim country. The "Oh, honey, that's so sweet but..." is not something I can do.  Please also keep in mind that this blog (and its comments) are read by a shocking number of people in this country.  

Anyhow, my low self esteem is what caused me to miss all the signals...

******
On a more positive note, I had a great day in Dubai tracking down my students.  I forgot my map at home but was able to navigate from memory.  Visiting different companies and talking to managers is something I loved doing at Hamilton and I love it here.

2 comments: