Thursday, November 4, 2010

I have it better than you

(It's only about the weather....)
Today I was talking with a friend from southern Illinois.  He remarked that our last day at 100 degrees was two weeks ago... and that it fell on the day 100 days before the end of the semester.  (He keeps track of these things the way I monitor the latest Coke products.)

We had this discussion while sitting in the shade outside at mid-day.  In the evening I was at the top of our nearby mountain and I was cold.  Cold at the top of a mountain and sitting outside during the day?  That's fantastic!  As a geek following the NWS, I know it's been a remarkably nice fall in Iowa but there's no question that for the next five months it is better here.

Don't be jealous, come visit and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment