Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving dedication

While I was home this summer I purchased two more sets of Coke silverware on ebay.  I now have 20 place settings here in the Emirates.  That's a bit crazy since Thanksgiving is the one and only time I will ever have more than 4-5 people over for dinner.

Last year for Thanksgiving I bought an electric carving knife.  I can't remember how much I paid.  The only time I have reason to use the bad boy is Thanksgiving so it is a pretty ridiculous buy for a once-a-year use... but, wow, once you've carved a turkey with one you'll never go back to a regular knife.  It makes carving a turkey so much fun I wish I liked the taste of turkey more.

2 comments:

  1. I use my electric knife for everything! Use it to take the kernels off corn, slice fresh bread, and I use it to cut large meat roasts.

    Karey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of it for corn! Good idea! I'm gonna get one in the US.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete