Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tajine

I've come to like Moroccan food.  Many dishes are prepared in a tajine (shown below).  My friend Gwenn and I bought several at Global Village last December.  I am keeping mine to take back to the states for two friends who are great cooks while Gwenn actually uses hers...
The problem is that they are very heavy and I am scared of breaking them.  Anyhow, in the picture above chicken is underneath the mound of vegetables.  It is cooked slowly in the oven and the taste is fantastic.  This tajine makes a meal big enough to feed six.
Gwenn gave her guests homemade ice cream with fresh berries as dessert.  I am spoiled by my friends' cooking.  It's hard to invite them over to my place because I like to make pork chops or pot roast.  It seems lame in comparison.

2 comments:

  1. I think you do a pretty good job for a man. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mom, and I was also lucky enough to enjoy the delicious tajine.

    ReplyDelete