Friday, May 6, 2011

Blood stone

One of my favorite indulgences is getting a shave.  The price is $2.70 but I usually tip 3-4x that because it feels really nice.  Last week I got cut... pretty badly, actually.  The blood was flowing out.  The guy used two "blood stones" on me and it pretty much sealed up the cut.
Do we have these in the US?  I've never heard of it or seen it before.

When the guy saw my fascination with it he insisted I take it with me.  That's what happens when you leave large tips in a culture where most don't tip.

*****
Several have e-mailed asking about the job situation.  Today was a long day and tomorrow will be a really long day so I won't have time to write until Sunday.  One way or another I will find the time to get a post on the blog.  I'd rather not give the Republican party in Iowa $100!

3 comments:

  1. You BETTER NOT give the Republican Party $100. Tomorrow is Gus' fifth birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar to a styptic pencil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I've ever heard of a styptic pencil. I've had two cuts where this was used. The one I was referring to in this post was bad enough that it required TWO blood stones. It had a burning sensation as it was applied but it worked incredibly fast. It was pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete