Sunday, May 22, 2011

Class of 2011

There's a month to go before the end of the semester but it's never too early to hold graduation!

One of the great things about being a teacher is the opportunity to meet some fantastic young people.  Maryam is one of my favorite students.  She graduated tonight and was the commencement speaker.
She did an excellent job and I was very proud of her.

One of the sad things about teaching is watching your favorite students graduate.  I'm happy for them but also sad.  I've made this comment to other teachers and often heard back, "There's always a new group coming in and there will be good ones in there."  Perhaps, but seeing my favorite students graduate is like losing something special.  It doesn't matter if there are others out there.  Fortunately, I am still in touch with many of favorites over the years and I hope I don't lose touch with Maryam.

No comments:

Post a Comment