Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tales from the training camp

Today was not a great day.  This is the fourth set of managers I'm training for this session so I know the material cold.  At one point I'm talking about "Type A" and "Type B" people.  I was surprised that none of the 11 participants today had heard of the term.  After describing the differences the chair of a science department says, "In my experience in this university, faculty are Type A and staff are Type B."

The other 10 participants were all staff and it is safe to say they didn't like being called Type B.

U-G-L-Y.

I did my best.  I pointed out that usually faculty in Business/Economics are Type A's but most of my colleagues are Type B's... but it didn't help.  The well was poisoned.

In eight hours I will be standing in front of them again to give part 2 of this session.  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment