Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Party

Once again, my ridiculously large hallway came in handy for a party:
 
The two empty tables in this picture were for the food brought by guests.  From mince pies, to a birthday cake, to chicken wings... there was a lot of food.

 I think this is the first pic since the lanterns and new wall hangings from Nepal have been hung.

The guy in the left-hand side of this picture is Abdel.  He's engaged to Adrienne, the mother of the Coke fridge.  Tonight is the first time Adrienne has seen the machine since the day she gave it to me.  Did I get a picture of Adrienne or the two of us with the working machine? Nooo...  She's brings this life-changing machine into my world and I didn't even get a picture with her.  (Bad Steve, no soup for you...)

How is a Coke machine life-changing?  For me, it is life-changing with or with out discussing parties... but, as I've said before, the fridge absolutely makes a party.  Guests feel totally at ease in a place with a glass door on a refrigerator full of beer/wine/pop.  Locked behind a regular fridge door people feel the need to ask permission and are reluctant to go back.  With the Coke fridge people get what they want when they want.  It doesn't get much better at a party.

It's 2AM.  The guests are gone and the Coke bottle candles are nearly dead.  The party was a success and I'm very happy.

3 comments:

  1. Your apartment looks fabulous. It must have been a great party. Wish I had been there. Merry Christmas Steve and I miss you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment looks fabulous. It must have been a great party. Wish I had been there. Merry Christmas Steve and I miss you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great party, Steve! And yes, I thought about that later, too -- at some point we'll have to replicate the pic taken in my old apartment. :-)

    ReplyDelete