Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another 3 year hitch?

I'm 2.5 years into my 3 year contract.  Today I was offered to be re-upped for another 3 years as mine expires next August.  It's nice; I have had such a horrible experience with internships this semester that I was a bit concerned I wouldn't get the offer.  It's also kinda sad to sign up for the same pay for six years in a row... but without US taxes the pay is better than I'd be making back home now or three years from now.

With a few outside teaching gigs like I have this year I could could leave here in 2014 with everything - all debts, the house, the student loans, everything paid off... and some money to spare.  That's a world that is hard for me imagine.

I have a job with an incredible amount of time off.  I get paid to teach classes that are (for me) easy to teach. I get paid well.  Yes, I can grumble about not getting a raise... but, really?  It's a pretty sweet life.

No comments:

Post a Comment