Sunday, December 12, 2010

The view from my sister's window

E-mail from Miriam: 
I will be sending some pictures your way, so you can feel the cold.  We had one of the freakiest starts to a blizzard I can ever remember.  It was in the upper 30's and raining all night and most of the morning.  Rain switched to snow and within, I believe just 2 hours, we had blizzard conditions.  Not sure yet how much snow we got, but we'll be shoveling for a while.  
It's odd how a picture can me homesick.  This one does.  I love weather.  I love snow.  I'd be happy to be back home scooping all of this out.  I know, I know... By the third storm it's not fun any more.  By the fifth storm you are questioning the wisdom of living in Iowa and by the 33rd storm like we had in the winter 2007-2008 you pretty much question the wisdom of your ancestors for ever thinking of moving to such a god forsaken place.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you'll be getting any more pictures for now. It is too wickedly cold out there!

    ReplyDelete