Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quote of the day - "Wait till her fat ass is sitting at this desk"

The quote is from President Bush referring to Hillary Clinton. It's part of this must read piece from one of Bush's former speech writers. One of my favorite parts discusses how to sell the TARP bill a year ago. They humorously called it the "I can't believe it is not capitalism" plan and the "Marx plan."

Another interesting tidbit: While the conservatives at the White House were beside themselves with joy about the choice of Sarah Palin, President Bush was not impressed. He said, "What is she, the governor of Guam?" He went on to explain that there was no way she or her family were ready for the national stage.

In the post election I read that Obama had had the same reaction. While his team was in near panic of McCain's choice of Palin, Obama told them that it took him months to get used to the national spotlight.

While I try to provide links for most of my posts it usually the equivelant of adding a citation to a paper; I don't expect many to click on them. This article will take 10 - 15 minutes to read and it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment