Friday, September 11, 2009

The larger point

The Joe Wilson sideshow is a distraction from the larger truth from Wednesdays speech: Obama rallied the base and swung over many independents.

Many of us who supported Obama in the caucuses wondered what happened to the fiery passionate liberal we had come to love. President Obama seemed to want "post-partisanship" and a cool, reserved image more than fighting for his campaign promises.

I'm sure conservatives swelled with pride when they heard Bush outline his reasons for going to war with Iraq. I felt the same pride as Obama explained the need for healthcare reform.

And the great thing about healthcare reform is that it is far cheaper than Iraq and won't hurt our reputation abroad.

*****
I will try to make this my final post on healthcare for a while. I have more important things to tend to... like...

No comments:

Post a Comment