Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I find your lack of ice disturbing

I know I've had rants on this blog but if it were possible, this would be a mega-rant. From my first day in the Emirates I've been disturbed by the lack of ice. It's certainly not an issue of money. (This is the land of the indoor ski slope.) Many here like drinking room temperature water and room temperature Coke.

I do not.

At the Hilton I had a standing order for a bucket of ice to be delivered to room each night because heaven forbid the hotel have an ice machine for its customers. At restaurants I rarely get more than two tiny cubes when I ask for ice. If I ask for more I get a look of exasperation. I could live here for ten years and I think this will perpetually drive me nuts.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but I consider that better than the opposite of fast food restaurants filling the cups to the brim with ice so only a half cup of pop will be needed. It's annoying when you've only just driven out of the parking lot and you realize you're already out of coke.

    ReplyDelete