Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ukraine's weather

We have been incredibly lucky. Normally highs are in the 50's this time of year. It's been in the 70's pretty much every day and sunny enough that both of us have been slightly burned. It is quite fall-like as many trees have changed color.

To experience fall is an amazing experience; the high in Al Ain tomorrow is 109. We're spending one more day in Lviv before heading back to Kiev. It's a pretty cool European city with picturesque architecture. The best part of the trip (for me) was visiting a 300 year old brewery.

Given that the trip is half over I have to say that you shouldn't expect any Ukrainian gifts from me. They just haven't built up the tourist industry and I've seen very little that would make a good gift... besides, of course, vodka or mugs from the 300 year old brewery (but I'm not sharing).

1 comment: