Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stifle

Before discussing the band I have to ask, "Is it a requirement that rural Iowa bars have a dead animal hanging on the wall?" I didn't mind, however, as this was a bar near Anamosa and seeing a deer on the wall is better than on the road. In 1997 I drove this stretch of 151 several hundred times. I am still amazed I didn't hit a deer. I lost track of the close calls.
Anyhow, my friend Mark performs in the cover band Stifle. They performance was good and I can understand why they've gained groupies. Their next performance is September 26th at the Breakroom.
I decided to support the band by buying a t-shirt ($10) and a bumper sticker ($4). The groupie in charge of the merchandise took my $20 and handed me the merchandise. Then she started playing with her cell phone. I paused and finally asked, "Umm, can I get change back?"

"Hold on," she replied. "I am adding it up on my phone."

Oh.

2 comments:

  1. There are stuffed rattlesnakes and such at most of the straight bars here. Some sick fetish with straight folks and stuffed woodland (desert) creatures, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought my math skills were bad...

    ReplyDelete